Thursday, February 17, 2011

Control

One of my favorite quotes of all time is from the movie Fight Club. The quote is:
"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden -

I've told this quote to quite a few people over the last few years and every time I do, I get an ugly look. Then they try to explain themselves, and how they don't feel that it pertains to them. That my friend’s is what we call denial! These "things you own" might not be material, but virtual. Prime examples are: Facebook, online games, and even blogs such as this one.

Now that that’s out of the way we should talk about how you can change or control these ‘things’ that own you. Some of us may not recognize the signs that these things mentioned above own us. If all of your friends and family, co-workers and millions of others are doing it, it can’t be wrong can it? Well the truth and answer is in the question itself. It can be wrong once it starts to control your life, when you’re marking every step you make, or going to it to see what someone else is up to.

I could go on for hours on this topic, but I wanted to make it short as sweet to get my point across. I hope any who read this may rethink their stance in this thing called life, and I mean the real world, not the virtual one. Don’t let Apps, Websites, Games and even Reality T.V. shows own your life. Don’t let them change your values, perspectives, beliefs and outlook on life.

- Kuya Stan

1 comment: